Mechanical Engineering at WSU Everett
The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett is a two-year, full-time bachelor’s degree completion program for transfer students. Most courses are taught in person by WSU faculty in Everett, and additional courses are taught via interactive video from WSU Pullman, or online through the University’s nationally ranked Global Campus program.
The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett is an extension of the ABET-accredited mechanical engineering program at WSU Pullman.
Mechanical engineers are in high demand. Firms in King, Snohomish, Island, Skagit and Whatcom counties, as well as the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility in Bremerton, employ mechanical engineers—and WSU engineering degrees are highly regarded. The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett gives you the scientific and technical foundation you need to be a mechanical engineer in virtually any industry. Students often have several job offers to choose from when they graduate.
To be eligible for the WSU mechanical engineering degree program, you will need to complete the Program Acceptance Requirements.
How to Apply
Apply for admission to WSU Everett as a transfer student. The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett accepts entering students for fall semester only.
- APPLY using the Transfer Student Application. Select “North Puget Sound in Everett” as your campus and “Mech Eng” as your academic interest. Transfer Student Application: www.applyweb.com/apply/wsuivt
- Complete the mechanical engineering supplemental application.
- Official transcripts showing coursework to-date are required before your initial application can be evaluated. Updated official transcripts will be required once grades are posted for spring and summer (if you enroll in courses). Contact all previous colleges and have them send official transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
915 North Broadway Ave.
Everett, WA 98201
- The academic coordinator will review your supplemental application and transcript(s) for prerequisites to acceptance/certification into the mechanical engineering program and contact you for next steps.
NOTE: The WSU tuition deposit, which confirms acceptance of your WSU admission offer, is nonrefundable; pay the deposit only after you are accepted/certified into the mechanical engineering program.
General Timeline for WSU Everett applications:
- The WSU Transfer Student Application and the Mechanical Engineering Supplemental Application are open now for students applying to enter the WSU Everett program in Fall 2018
- Priority will be given to applicants who have submitted all required application material (including official transcripts) by January 31
- Notification of Program Acceptance Decisions (for those received) May 15
- Respond to offers of admission by June 1
- Admission will continue until all seats for the program are filled.
All students must meet requirements as outlined in the WSU Catalog in order to graduate. See the WSU Catalog for degree requirements and talk with your academic adviser about planning and scheduling your courses.
Scholarships and other opportunities are available to help students finance their college education. Learn more.
Prospective students, on-site advisor for students accepted to program.
Bremerton and Everett admission, Official Student Records, Certification, and Graduation
Undergraduate Academic Coordinator, WSU Everett and OC Bremerton