Mechanical Engineering at WSU Everett
The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett is a two-year, full-time bachelor’s degree completion program for transfer students. Most courses are taught in person by WSU faculty in Everett, and additional courses are taught via interactive video from WSU Pullman, or online through the University’s nationally ranked Global Campus program.
The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett is an extension of the ABET-accredited mechanical engineering program at WSU Pullman.
Mechanical engineers are in high demand. Firms in King, Snohomish, Island, Skagit and Whatcom counties, as well as the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility in Bremerton, employ mechanical engineers—and WSU engineering degrees are highly regarded. The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett gives you the scientific and technical foundation you need to be a mechanical engineer in virtually any industry. Students often have several job offers to choose from when they graduate.
To be eligible for the WSU mechanical engineering degree program, you will need to complete the Program Acceptance Requirements.
How to Apply
Apply for admission to WSU Everett as a transfer student. The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett accepts entering students for fall semester only.
- APPLY using the Transfer Student Application. Select “North Puget Sound in Everett” as your campus and “Mech Eng” as your academic interest. Transfer Student Application.
WSU Pullman students who wish to transfer: scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Complete the mechanical engineering supplemental application.
- Official transcripts showing coursework to-date are required before your initial application can be evaluated. Updated official transcripts will be required once grades are posted for spring and summer (if you enroll in courses). Contact all previous colleges and have them send official transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
915 North Broadway Ave.
Everett, WA 98201
- The academic coordinator will review your supplemental application and transcript(s) for prerequisites to acceptance/certification into the mechanical engineering program and contact you for next steps.
NOTE: The WSU tuition deposit, which confirms acceptance of your WSU admission offer, is nonrefundable; pay the deposit only after you are accepted/certified into the mechanical engineering program.
General Timeline for WSU Everett applications:
- The WSU Transfer Student Application and the Mechanical Engineering Supplemental Application are open now for students applying to enter the WSU Everett program in Fall 2018
- ME Everett Priority Application Date January 31
- ME Everett Final Application Deadline March 30
- WSU Application and Supplemental Application close March 30.
- Notification of Program Acceptance Decisions (for those received) May 15
- Respond to offers of admission by June 1
All students must meet requirements as outlined in the WSU Catalog in order to graduate. See the WSU Catalog for degree requirements and talk with your academic adviser about planning and scheduling your courses.
Current WSU Pullman ME students who wish to transfer to Everett:
Students who are currently certified in the ME major in Pullman should contact the academic coordinator in Everett to determine feasibility and eligibility. GPA is a consideration as is completion of the same prerequisites as all other transfer applicants. Evaluation of coursework still needed to complete the degree vs. the schedule of courses offered is another consideration. Do not complete a Change of Campus Form until it has been determined that there is space, prerequisites are satisfied, and that the schedule of courses in Everett will allow timely completion of your degree.
Students who are not yet certified should check that all prerequisites are completed (or will be completed prior to the desired start term). Students must complete the supplemental application and compete in the general pool of applicants. Contact the academic coordinator in Pullman with any questions. Do not complete a Change of Campus Form until you are accepted into the Everett program.
Scholarships and other opportunities are available to help students finance their college education. Learn more.
Prospective students, on-site advisor for students accepted to program.
Bremerton and Everett admission, Official Student Records, Certification, and Graduation
Undergraduate Academic Coordinator, WSU Everett and OC Bremerton