Mechanical Engineering at WSU Everett
The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett is a two-year, full-time bachelor’s degree completion program for transfer students. Most courses are taught in person by WSU faculty in Everett, and additional courses are taught via interactive video from WSU Pullman, or online through the University’s nationally ranked Global Campus program.
The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett is an extension of the mechanical engineering program at WSU Pullman. The B.S. degree program in mechanical engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Mechanical engineers are in high demand. Firms in King, Snohomish, Island, Skagit and Whatcom counties, as well as the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility in Bremerton, employ mechanical engineers—and WSU engineering degrees are highly regarded. The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett gives you the scientific and technical foundation you need to be a mechanical engineer in virtually any industry. Students often have several job offers to choose from when they graduate.
To be eligible for the WSU mechanical engineering degree program, you will need to complete the Program Acceptance Requirements.
How to Apply
Apply for admission to WSU Everett as a transfer student. The WSU mechanical engineering program at WSU Everett accepts entering students for fall semester only.
- Complete your application online, selecting North Puget Sound at Everett as your campus. WSU Pullman students who wish to transfer: scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Submit official transcripts showing coursework to-date. Updated official transcripts will be required once grades are posted for spring and summer (if you enroll in courses). Contact all previous colleges and have them send official transcripts to:
Washington State University Everett
915 N. Broadway
Everett, WA 98201
- The academic coordinator will review your application and transcript(s) for prerequisites to acceptance/certification into the mechanical engineering program and contact you for next steps.
General Timeline for WSU Everett applications:
- August 1 – The WSU application opens for students applying to enter the WSU Everett program in Fall.
- January 31 – Priority will be given to applicants who have submitted all required application material (including official transcripts).
- March 30 – ME Everett Final Application Deadline.
- May 15 – Notification of Admission Decisions (for complete applications received by January 31).
- June 1 – Students respond to offers of admission. The application process will continue until all seats for the program are filled.
All students must meet requirements as outlined in the WSU Catalog in order to graduate. See the WSU Catalog for degree requirements and talk with your academic adviser about planning and scheduling your courses.
Current WSU Pullman ME students who wish to transfer to Everett:
Students who are currently certified in the ME major in Pullman should contact the academic advisor in Everett to determine feasibility and eligibility. GPA is a consideration as is completion of the same prerequisites as all other transfer applicants. Evaluation of coursework still needed to complete the degree vs. the schedule of courses offered is another consideration.
Students who are not yet certified should check that all prerequisites are completed (or will be completed prior to the desired start term). Contact the academic coordinator in Everett with any questions.
Scholarships and other opportunities are available to help students finance their college education. Learn more.
Prospective students, on-site advisor for students accepted to program.
Undergraduate Academic Coordinator