The Advisory Board plays an integral part in the development of the school. Members:
- Bring industry perspective, provide input to the continuous evaluation of objectives and assessment of outcomes of the BSME and BSMSE curricula, and suggest changes for implementation, as needed.
- Act as facilitators in the school’s efforts in getting financial, in-kind, and scholarship support from their companies.
- Act as partners in the education process by maintaining active contact with the school during the academic year, and by visiting the Pullman campus at least twice a year (during the Advisory Board meetings).
- Promote the school at their company through the hiring of interns and full-time personnel and participation in WSU career fairs.
- Champion the school cause with university administrators and the state of Washington with regard to budgets, research programs, and faculty hiring.
- Vitalize the education process through participation in seminars, guest lectures, industry sabbaticals, collaborative research, and serving on student thesis committees.
Membership on the Advisory Board is a 3-year term, renewable on mutual agreement for additional period(s).
Advisory Board Members, Advisory Board Members, Left to right (back row): Scott Brandenburg, Bill Chambers, Greg Bogen, JP Whitlock, MME Director Michael Kessler, Jason Tripard, Elaine Thomas, D. Bruce Masson. Left to right (front row): Jarrod Carter, Randal Morrison, Eddie Schweitzer, Gene Jones, Rocky Gutierrez, Trevor Devaney, and Eric Sorensen.
Gene Jones (2-year term, elected spring 2016)
Greg Bogen (2-year term, elected spring 2016)
PACCAR Technical Center
Mount Vernon, WA
Rocky Gutierrez III
The Boeing Company
WSU grad: BS 1996, ME
D. Bruce Masson
WSU Emeritus Professor
WSU grad: BS 1954
WSU grad: BS 1994, ME
Matthew J. Lyons
Nucor Steel Seattle, Inc.
WSU grad: BS 1987, ME
Randal J. Morrison
WSU grad: BS 2006, ME
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
WSU grad: MEM 2004
Schweitzer Engineering Labs
WSU grad: BS 2003, ME
WSU grad: BS 1985, MSE
Greg J. Bogen
Columbia Energy and Environmental Services, Inc.
WSU grad: BS 1993, ME
Origin Forensics LLC
Liberty Lake, WA
WSU grad: BS 1993, ME
WSU grad: BS 1980, ME
WSU grad: BS 2005, ME
WSU grad: BS 1976, MSE