The Advisory Board plays an integral part in the development of the school. Members:
- Bring industry perspective, provide input to the continuous evaluation of objectives and assessment of outcomes of the BSME and BSMSE curricula, and suggest changes for implementation, as needed.
- Assist the school in generating financial or in-kind resources for various strategic priorities from their companies or personal resources.
- Act as partners in the education process by maintaining active contact with the school during the academic year, and by visiting the Pullman campus at least twice a year (during the Advisory Board meetings).
- Promote the school at their company through the hiring of interns and full-time personnel and participation in WSU career fairs.
- Champion the school’s cause with university administrators and the state of Washington with regard to budgets, research programs, and faculty hiring.
- Vitalize the education process through participation in seminars, guest lectures, industry sabbaticals, collaborative research, and serving on student thesis committees.
Membership on the Advisory Board is a 3-year term, renewable on mutual agreement for additional period(s).
Spring 2019 Pullman meeting:
Advisory Board Members,
From left to right: Indranath Dutta, Nyle Miyamoto, Jerry Knoben, Gene Jones, Jason Tripard, Scott Brandenburg, Sandy Fryer, Jessi Hall, Tyler Lenzi, Trevor Devaney, Rocky Gutierrez, David Bahr, Bruce Wollstein, Eric Sorensen
WSU grad: MSE
Thales Aerospace – US
WSU grad: BS 1995, MSE
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
WSU grad: MEM 2004
WSU grad: BS 1985, MSE
WSU grad: BS 1994, ME
The Boeing Company
WSU grad: MS 1999, ME
Boeing Commercial Airplanes
WSU grad: MEM 2001
West Lafayette, IN
Sandy K. Fryer
Fryer Industries, Inc.
WSU grad: BS 1969, ME
WSU grad: BS 1983, PME
Palo Alto, CA
Schweitzer Engineering Labs
WSU grad: BS 2000, ME
SAC members are apppointed for 2-year terms and serve as trusted advisors to the MME Director on strategies and operations of the school, while also serving the functions of EAB members.