Mechanical Engineering at Olympic College, Bremerton
The WSU mechanical engineering program at Olympic College in Bremerton is a two-year, full-time bachelor’s degree completion program for transfer students. Most courses are taught in person by WSU faculty in Bremerton, and additional courses are taught via interactive video from WSU Pullman, or online through the University’s nationally ranked Global Campus program.
The WSU mechanical engineering program at Olympic College in Bremerton is an extension of the mechanical engineering program at WSU Pullman. The B.S. degree program in mechanical engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Mechanical engineers are in high demand. Businesses throughout the greater Puget Sound area — including the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and associated facilities in Bremerton — are actively seeking engineers. The WSU mechanical engineering program at Olympic College in Bremerton gives you the scientific and technical foundation you need to be a mechanical engineer in virtually any industry. Students often have several job offers to choose from when they graduate.
To be eligible for the WSU mechanical engineering degree program, you will need to complete the Program Acceptance Requirements.
How to Apply
Apply for admission to WSU at Olympic College, Bremerton as a transfer student. The WSU mechanical engineering program at Olympic College in Bremerton accepts entering students for fall semester only.
- APPLY using the Transfer Student Application. Select “Global Campus” as your campus and “Mechanical Engineering at Olympic College in Bremerton” as your academic interest. Transfer Student Application
WSU Pullman students who wish to transfer: scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Complete the mechanical engineering supplemental application.
- Official transcripts showing coursework to-date are required before your initial application can be evaluated. Updated official transcripts will be required once grades are posted for spring and summer (if you enroll in courses). Contact all previous colleges and have them send official electronic transcripts to Washington State University, Pullman. If physical copies must be sent, have them mailed to:
Office of Admissions
370 Lighty Student Services Bldg
Washington State University
PO Box 641067
Pullman, WA 99164-1067
- The academic coordinator will review your supplemental application and transcript(s) for prerequisites to acceptance/certification into the mechanical engineering program and contact you for next steps.
NOTE: The WSU tuition deposit, which confirms acceptance of your WSU admission offer, is nonrefundable; pay the deposit only after you are accepted/certified into the mechanical engineering program.
General Timeline for ME Bremerton applications:
- August 1. The WSU Transfer Student Application and the Mechanical Engineering Supplemental Application are open for students applying to enter the WSU Bremerton program in Fall 2020.
- January 31. Priority will be given to applicants who have submitted all required application material (including official transcripts).
- May 15. Notification of Admission Decisions (for complete applications received by January 31).
- June 1. Students respond to offers of admission.
- The application process will continue until all seats for the program are filled.
All students must meet requirements as outlined in the WSU Catalog in order to graduate. See the WSU Catalog for degree requirements.
Current WSU Pullman ME students who wish to transfer to Bremerton:
Students who are currently certified in the ME major in Pullman should contact the academic coordinator in Bremerton to determine feasibility and eligibility. GPA is a consideration as is completion of the same prerequisites as all other transfer applicants. Evaluation of coursework still needed to complete the degree vs. the schedule of courses offered is another consideration. Do not complete a Change of Campus Form until it has been determined that there is space, prerequisites are satisfied, and that the schedule of courses in Everett will allow timely completion of your degree.
Students who are not yet certified should check that all prerequisites are completed (or will be completed prior to the desired start term). Students must complete the supplemental application and compete in the general pool of applicants. Contact the academic coordinator in Pullman with any questions. Do not complete a Change of Campus Form until you are accepted into the Bremerton program.
Scholarships and other opportunities are available to help students finance their college education. Learn more.
Prospective students, on-site advisor for students accepted to program.