Be a preeminent School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering through excellence in education, research, and service
To prepare students for successful careers in the engineering profession
The School has three objectives:
- Provide innovative educational leadership relevant to students and employers
- Advance our research leadership in traditional and emerging areas
- Fulfill our Land-Grant legacy of service and leadership by transferring knowledge relevant to our stakeholders in the Pacific Northwest, including industry and the government
- Goal 1: Improve the national ranking of the ME and MSE Programs
Be a top 25 public School in the US in ME and MSE, for education as well as research.
- Goal 2: Achieve national leadership in strategic areas of research
Support the technological enterprise of the Pacific Northwest by maintaining a position of influence in the industry and government bodies throughout the state and the nation.
- Goal 3: Attract and retain excellent students, faculty, and staff
Become a top choice for diverse groups of students, faculty, and staff in the Pacific Northwest seeking to become leaders in education, research, and service.
- Goal 4: Achieve excellent employment outcome for our students
Be recognized as a top school in the Pacific Northwest for student employment in Fortune 500 companies, academic positions, entrepreneurship, as well as scientist positions in National Labs.
- Goal 5: Increase engagement in distance-education and consulting to better serve the region
Enhance the school’s influence within the technological community of the Pacific Northwest and beyond through specialized distance-learning and short courses, graduate programs, and consulting.