Flaherty Assistant Professor
- Ph.D in Robotics Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA 2017
- M.S. in Computer Science. & Industrial Technology, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, LA 2012
- B.S. in Electronic and Information Engineering, Tian Jin Polytechnic University, China 2010
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Collaborative Haptics in Robotics and Medicine (CHARM) Lab, Stanford University, 2018 – 2020
- CTO, Powerhive LLC, Worcester, MA, 2017 – 2018
- Soft robot modeling, sensing, control, and motion planning
- Snake robot control and motion planning
- Manufacturing/3D Printing
- First place in IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) 2017 soft robot speed challenge (Team leader).
- WPI Graduate student travel fund (2017).
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) 2017 travel fund.
- S. Kanjanapas, C.M. Nunez, S.R. Williams, A.M. Okamura, and M. Luo. “Design and Analysis of Pneumatic 2-DoF Soft Haptic Devices for Shear Display”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters. (2019).
- M. Luo, R. Yan (Co-first author), Z. Wan, Y. Qin, J. Santoso, E. H. Skorina, C. D. Onal. “OriSnake: Design, Fabrication and Experimental Analysis of a 3-D Origami Snake Robot”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters.(2018).
- M. Luo, E. H. Skorina, W. Tao, F. Chen, S. Ozel, Y. Sun and C. D. Onal. “Toward Modular Soft Robotics: Proprioceptive Curvature Sensing and Sliding-Mode Control of Soft Bidirectional Bending Modules”. Soft Robotics, (2017).
- M. Luo, Y. Pan, E.H. Skorina, W. Tao, F. Chen, S. Ozel, C.D. Onal, “Slithering towards autonomy: a self-contained soft robotic snake platform with integrated curvature sensing”, Bioinspiration & Biomimetics 10:055001, (2015).
- M. Luo, M. Agheli, C.D. Onal, “Theoretical Modeling and Experimental Analysis of a Pressure-Operated Soft Robotic Snake”, Soft Robotics, 1(2):136-146 (2014).