The Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering program generally takes four years to complete.
Minimum total credits: 72
In order to satisfy MME requirements, the program must contain:
- A minimum of 24 cr hrs of the following graded coursework (at least 12 cr hrs must be taken at WSU):
- 3 cr hrs of any 500-level math or stat course
- 12 cr hrs of 500-level ME or MSE courses
- 3 cr hrs of additional 500-level courses approved by the student’s advisor
- 6 cr hrs of additional courses approved by the student’s advisor (300-, 400-, or 500-level only) (a maximum of 6 cr hrs can be at the 300- or 400-level)
- A minimum of 3 cr hrs of seminar (ME 598 or MATSE 593). Seminar credits taken at the Master’s level cannot be used towards fulfilling the PhD requirement.
- A minimum of 20 cr hrs of ME 800