School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering Faculty
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2001
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, USA, 1997
- M.S.M.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1996
- B.S.M.E. in Mechanical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1994
- Microfluids and Nanofluidics
- Transport Modeling for Thermal, Chemical and Biological Systems
- Multiscale Modeling and Simulation of Protein-Protein Interactions
- Drug Delivery and Discovery
- Electrokinetic Flow, Seperation, and Purification
- Energy Conversion and Storage
Recognition and Honors
- Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (2013)
- Fulbright US Scholar (2016-2017)
Complete List of Publications on Google Scholar
- Jewel, Y., Dutta, P., and Liu, J., 2016, “Coarse-grained Simulations of Proton-dependent Conformational Changes in Lactose Permease” in press Proteins.
- Rezanoor, W. and Dutta, P., 2016, “Combined AC Electroosmosis and Dielectrophoresis for Controlled Rotation of Microparticles” Biomicrofluidics, Vol. 10(2), pp 024101.
- Yoo, K., Dive, A., Kazemiabnavi, S., Banerjee, S., and Dutta, P., 2016, “Effects of Operating Temperature on the Electrical performance of a Li-Air Battery Operated with Ionic Liquid Electrolyte” Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 194, pp 317-329.
- Sze, T.J., Liu, J. and Dutta, P., 2015, “Design and Modeling of a Light Powered Biomimicry Micropump” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, Vol. 25, pp 065009.
- S. Kazemiabnavi, P. Dutta and S. Banerjee, 2015, “A Density Functional Theory Based Study of the Electron Transfer Reaction at the Cathode-Electrolyte Interface in Lithium-Air Battery”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., Vol. 17, pp 11740-11751.
- Yoo, K., Shim, J., Lin, J., and Dutta, P., 2014, “Mathematical and Numerical Model to Study Two Dimensional Free Flow Isoelectric Focusing” Biomicrofluidics, Vol. 8(3), pp 034111.
- Jubery, T.Z., Srivastava, S.K., and Dutta, P., 2014, “Dielectrophoretic Separation of bioparticles in Microdevices: A Review” Electrophoresis, Vol. 35, pp 691-713.
- Hossan, M.R., Dillon, R., and Dutta, P., 2014, “Hybrid Immersed Interface-Immersed Boundary Methods for AC Dielectrophoresis” Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 270, pp 640-659.
- Sprague, I. B. and Dutta, P., 2013, “Improved Kinetics from Ion Advection through Overlapping Electric Double Layers in Nano-Porous Electrodes,” Electrochimica Acta, Vol. 91, pp. 20-29.
- Mani, K.B., Hossan, M.R. and Dutta, P., 2013, “Thermal Analysis of Microwave Assisted Bonding of Poly(methyl methacrylate) Substrates in Microfluidic Devices” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 58, pp. 229-239.
- Sprague, I. B. and Dutta, P., 2012, “Performance Improvement of Micro-Fuel Cell by Manipulating the Charged Diffuse layer,” Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 101, 113903.
- Shim, J. and Dutta, P., 2012, “Joule Heating Effect in Constant Voltage Mode Isotachophoresis in a Microchannel” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, Vol. 13(5), pp. 333-344.