MME Disinfection Processes
MME personnel and visitors are required to follow the policies outlined in the VCEA Distancing and Disinfectant plan. All shared electronics and shared spaces must be cleaned before and after each use.
Ordering Disinfectant and Hand Sanitizer
At this time, chemicals needed in order to properly disinfect spaces are being provided to the units free of charge. Follow the process below in order to request delivery of these chemicals.
- Disinfectants and hand sanitizers will be ordered by the MME office from WSU University Stores on an as-needed basis.
- Request the items below through Quartzy following standard MME ordering processes.
- Once delivered, the items will be marked received and available for pickup in Sloan 210.
- Empty containers will need to be recycled in the specified receptacles as placed in the buildings by Waste Management. They will be sanitized and reused by University Stores for future orders.
Disinfecting Policy for Spaces
Communal MME Spaces (i.e. conference room, break room, copier room, etc.):
- MME office staff will be responsible for providing disinfectant and hand sanitizer to these spaces and will replenish as needed.
- Areas need to be cleaned before and after each use by the occupants using the space. Signage will be posted with instructions.
- MME office staff will monitor the spaces for cleanliness with an inspection and cleaning done at the start of work, mid-way through the day, and prior to ending the work shift. This does not replace the need for each user to clean before and after using the spaces.
- MME Principal Investigators (PIs) will be responsible for keeping their laboratories stocked with disinfectant and hand sanitizer. They will ensure new items are ordered through Quartzy on an as needed basis.
- MME PIs must post their laboratories disinfectant plan/protocol in the laboratories for all users to see.
Classrooms and Teaching Laboratories:
- WSU Facilities Operations will be responsible for keeping classroom and teaching laboratories stocked with disinfectant and hand sanitizer.
- If you notice these items are running low, please contact Arianna Georgallis at 509-335-8654 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty and students using these spaces will be responsible for cleaning their area (i.e. table, bench, seat, etc.) before and after each use.
- Daily cleaning of GUCs will be provided by WSU Facilities Services.
- Daily cleaning of MME teaching laboratories will be coordinated through the MME main office and Facilities.
Other Disinfectant and Hand Sanitizer Resources: